How can fleet tracking help me?
Any business that has a fleet of vehicles and assets – such as farming, shipping, delivery, busses, utilities, or construction – can benefit from real-time GPS tracking.
Spireon provides the tools and technology needed to improve driver performance, dispatch vehicles more effectively and reduce operating expenses. From simple track-n-trace technology to the latest in vehicle diagnostics and DOT compliance offerings, there are solutions to fit your needs.
Another extremely important use for GPS is tracking stolen vehicles. And not just tracking, but locating and recovering them, often within minutes of the theft.
No matter how small or large small your business, GPS tracking has its benefits.
- Accounting – When it comes to the bottom line, accounting will certainly see a reduced fuel spend, lowered employee overtime, and vehicle maintenance costs – not breakdown bills.
- Customer Service – Spireon’s solution provides increased accuracy, faster status reporting, detailed billing information, and fewer delays in arrival time.
- Dispatch – Improvements here often lead to an increase in the number of jobs your fleet can take on without hiring more drivers or purchasing more vehicles. More accurate routing also results in lower fuel consumption, less wear and tear on vehicles and happier customers.
- Drivers/Account Receivable – Your drivers can supplement work orders by verifying time spent at appointments and job sites. This offers a reliable way to track progress and protects them (and your business) against customer complaints and billing disputes.
- Sales Department – When your business is known for on-time appointments, efficient services and real-time customer communication, attracting new business is a lot easier. Fleet tracking helps you build a first-rate, professional reputation.
- Upper Management – If you need to get the green light from upper management or an owner before purchasing, it all comes down to ROI. Spireon customers typically see real ROI right away. From improving fuel-wasting driver behavior to re-routing a nearby driver to add a last-minute job to the books, the benefits are seen almost instantly.
What information is transmitted by the GPS tracking unit?
Each GPS record consists of the following:
Date & Time
Location – Address, City, State, Zip
Direction of travel
Any other information included with the package: miles, fuel use, etc.
Where will the unit work?
The GPS tracking device will work in the US, Canada and some border areas of Mexico (special pricing and activation needed for Canada and Mexico use).
What is included with each package?
This complete solution includes the GPS tracker, software and network connectivity to the tracker. All that’s needed is a PC or mobile device with an internet connection and a vehicle to track!
How often can fleet vehicles be located?
You get an unlimited number of locates to use during each month. This gives you the ability to locate a vehicle in between normal locates.
What is involved in maintaining the system?
There is no maintenance required on your end. All updates, fixes and maintenance are pushed live onto the web-based software.
What type of mapping does Spireon use?
Spireon uses Google maps, which includes a standard map, satellite, and hybrid (lays map over satellite image). It is also Garmin integration compatible.
How many alert recipients are supported?
Up to 3 alert recipients are allowed for each device. A recipient may be either an email address or a cell phone number. If your recipient is a cell phone, the message will be delivered as SMS.
How many GeoFences are supported?
50 GeoFences are available for each GPS vehicle tracking device and 50 global GeoFences per account.
How accurate are the speed and GeoFence alerts?
The device reports location every 30 seconds, 1, 2, or 5 minutes while in motion.
The reported speed is the speed when the location is reported. The smaller the location interval, the smaller the interval a driver can speed without detection. Similarly, with GeoFence alerts, the entry or exit of a GeoFence is determined when a location is taken. The smaller the time interval, the sooner the alert is sent out when a driver has entered or exited a GeoFence.
How often does the GPS system locate my vehicle?
A vehicle is located every 30 seconds*, 1, 2, or 5 minutes while it is in motion (depending on the service purchased). Sometimes a vehicle will be out of cellular coverage, but locations will still be recorded and available when the vehicle comes back into cellular coverage. Though there will be times when the device is hidden from GPS satellites, it should be infrequent. *Available with specific models only.
Can the GPS tracking device be installed without drivers knowing?
Yes. A good installation is virtually undetectable. It is important to follow the instructions given in the installation guide to ensure your tracker is both hidden and fully functional.
Is it difficult to install?
For somebody who is handy, it’s pretty simple. The GPS vehicle tracker needs to be placed under the dashboard (with zip ties) and the antenna needs to be placed with a view to the sky. The installation guide provides easy to follow instructions. Typically, installation can be done in under an hour.