Thank you to all of you who submitted your great ideas for celebrating National Truck Driver Appreciation Week! We had a tough job choosing the winners, but here are the top 3 winners along with some of the other top ideas.
Driver Appreciation Week Contest Winners!
$250 Amazon gift card: Tamara Mladeno, Arctic Transportation
We have couple ways of showing appreciation to our drivers:
- We do it on a daily basis (per trip) by providing them bonuses for doing a great job.
Our drivers ALWAYS get bonuses for:
- doing their deliveries on time,
- maintenance bonus, for keeping their trucks and trailers clean
- fuel bonus, for using specific gas station with which we have cooperation with,
- DOT inspection bonuses, if they pass clean inspections level 1,2 or 3, they get special bonus.
- We also like to keep our whole team of drivers and office employees as one family.
And what do families do when they have some time off? They gather and enjoy their holidays somewhere nice outdoors / outdoors with delicious food.
We have drivers and employees coming from different states, countries, and continents. The best way to appreciate each other is by getting to know our cultures! For that, we organize our special monthly event called “GLOBAL VILLAGE”.
During that event, drivers who are off the road, come with their families and everybody brings their international traditional food and drinks. During that event we also organize a free raffle. Prizes range from coffee machines, microwaves, headphones, to massage, Amazon, Walmart and many other different gift cards! Everybody loves those raffles, especially kids, because we have special rewards for them.
- We Announce “Driver of the Month”
During the event we also announce the “Driver of the Month” by giving him a special certificate and a special place on our “DRIVER’S BOARD OF AWESOME PERFORMANCE”.
That driver who wins gets a company package gift with different things that make his trucking job easier.
Also, the driver who collects the most titles as “the driver of the month” during the year gets 7 days paid vacation with his family from our company.
We hope you will choose our awesome company as a winner, because the reward is going to our drivers!
$150 Amazon gift card: Raye Chisholm, FTS International
We honor our top drivers for each Quarter by giving them recognition on our company app and awarding them certificates and $100 Visa gift Cards and a cap that says DG Driver (Damn Good Driver)
During Driver Appreciation Week we honor all drivers each day by providing them with special meals and award items to show our appreciation. By continuing to support our drivers by offering Safety Bonuses with each good inspection they get they have incentive to do well and to stay with us.
$75 Amazon gift card: Rae Young, Dean Young Forestry, Inc.
Any driver that has a clean DOT check gets a $50.00 bonus. Each driver gets a raffle ticket and the winning ticket gets a weekend get-a-way in Maine. At the end of Driver Appreciation Week, a BBQ is put on for all drivers. The winning raffle ticket for a Maine weekend get-away will be drawn at the BBQ. We appreciate our drivers for their dedication, hard work and long hours.
Two entries receive an honorable mention because 1) We’re based in California, and any mention of In ‘N’ Out deserves a mention; and 2) We love the idea of awesome, blinged-out trucks rolling down the road. So congrats to:
- Jason Moralez, Diversified Landscape
We are buying In ‘N’ Out gift cards for our drivers for National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. They will be receiving a Double Double for each year spent consecutive with the company.
- Luke Wisniewski, Allegheny Petroleum Products Co.
We show our appreciation to our loyal drivers by letting them outfit their trucks with lots of chrome and as many accessories they want. Besides, our trucks look awesome rolling down the road, and also makes the drivers feel appreciated and dedicated to their jobs!
Other Top Submissions
- Nina Lys, ZK Transport Inc.
- I show appreciation to my drivers on a daily basis; it is hard work and they deserve it. But during Driver Appreciation Week I take my drivers for dinner, drinks and a massage to get them rejuvenated!
- Al Batista, Gold Medal Bakery
- We did an event every day of the week with food truck day, cookout day, boxed lunch day, fruit and drinks, pizza day and prizes and giveaways. and one night at a baseball game.
- Mike O’Brien, Rush Trucking
- I feel driver appreciation should be year-round, not just a week. Listen to drivers and act on what they are telling you. Give constant feedback to their hardships, and that provides the drivers a sense of worth. Also helps greatly with retention. It’s that easy.
- Katrina Wilton, G&W Talks, LLC
- Offer a week of free reserved truck parking or a membership to Sam’s Club or Costco, etc.
- Pat Peabody, James Thompson Native Lumber Inc.
- Unlimited overtime, regular raises, increased vacation time, flextime.
Thanks again to all of you who participated in our Driver Appreciation Week Contest 2019!
If you’re looking for more ideas to show your truck drivers your appreciation and ways to keep them happy doing one of the most demanding jobs in the U.S., check out our Driver Retention and Driver Safety Resource Centers.