We’re pleased to announce that a new report on the FMCSA’s New Crash Preventability Program from Scopelitis Transportation Consulting is now available.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced the creation of a Crash Preventability Demonstration Program (i.e., a pilot program) in 2017, as part of its larger Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) oversight program. This demonstration program was designed to evaluate whether removing clearly not‐preventable crashes would improve the accuracy of CSA.
During the program, from August 1, 2017 through September 30, 2019, FMCSA accepted eligible crashes that occurred from June 1, 2017 through July 31, 2019.
The following crash types were eligible for participation in the program when the:
- Commercial motor vehicle (CMV) was struck by a motorist driving under the influence (or related offense);
- CMV was struck by a motorist driving the wrong direction;
- CMV was struck in the rear;
- CMV was struck while legally stopped or parked, including when the vehicle was unattended;
- Crash was a result of an infrastructure failure, falling trees, rocks, or other debris;
- CMV was struck by an individual committing or attempting to commit suicide by stepping or driving in front of the CMV;
- CMV sustained disabling damage after striking an animal in the roadway; or
- CMV was struck by cargo or equipment from another vehicle.
On May 6, 2020, the FMCSA announced a permanent, and expanded “Crash Preventability Determination Program.” The new program consolidates a few crash scenarios and adds several more.
Complimentary Report on the New Program
You can find out more about how this program affects you with our latest report from Scopelitis Transportation Consulting, “FMCSA’s New Crash Preventability Determination Program: A Win for Carriers and Drivers.”
In this concise report, you’ll learn:
- What the new program covers
- The 16 different categories of crashes covered
- The new “rare and unusual” crash category
- What you need to do now
- And more
Drafted by leading experts at Scopelitis Transportation Consulting, this report will tell you just what you need to know about the new program.
Don’t miss an opportunity to improve your CSA score — get your copy now!