The FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse 3 months in is now in full effect, and more than 8,000 violations have been flagged as a result.
And yet, confusion remains: Of the 8,000 drivers who have failed a drug test since the database was launched, some could remain behind the wheel. Since there’s no mechanism for notifying fleets when a driver fails a test and most fleets haven’t run their annual queries, it’s unknown how many drivers will continue to drive until caught. What should carriers do?
FMCSA and the industry have learned many lessons since the launch leading to improved connectivity and better industry compliance. We’ll discuss the current status, share usage data and share insights on how the Clearinghouse is impacting driver supply and highway safety.
Non-compliance with the new Clearinghouse rules is not an option. While the new rules will mostly rely on traditional enforcement mechanisms, it also places new tools in the safety investigator’s toolbox to help identify bad actors.
Plus, other regulatory issues are still challenging the industry. Make sure you’re up to date on HOS, ABC and other regulatory issues.
The Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse — Find Out What’s Happening
Get your update on how the Clearinghouse is working and what you need to do now, plus other regulatory issues currently impacting the industry, in an informative webinar that will review:
- Early Clearinghouse problems, technical challenges and industry confusion
- What is usage data telling us, and where do we go from here?
- Current enforcement posture, non-compliance, and new enforcement tools in the safety investigator’s toolbox to be aware of
- Looking forward: Learn about often overlooked or forgotten portions of the rule you’ll need to know to remain compliant
- Other emerging regulatory issues you need to watch
- And more
Don’t miss this update on the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse 3 months in—register now!
Thursday, April 23, 2019
2:00 pm Eastern / 11:00 am Pacific
About Your Speaker
P. Sean Garney
Scopelitis Transportation Consulting LLC