Call us at 1-800-557-1449 or
Your 3G to 4G Upgrade Resource Center
Upgrade now to avoid disruption in usage.
Have you started noticing slower speeds in some of your iOT devices and GPS solutions? If you have, you’re not alone. The 3G sunset has already taken effect and significant network degradation is already being experienced in various regions. Sunset dates vary by carrier and by region, but it’s recommended that you update any 3G devices by the end of 2021 in order to not lose service.
There are variety of common challenges when transitioning devices including:
- lack of expertise
- lack of collaboration between vendor and customer
- scaling issues
- budget issues
- lack of planning / project management
- security risks
Not sure where to begin? Talk to a Spireon expert for one-on-one guidance.
With nearly 20 years of experience in telematics, supporting vehicles and equipment of all types, Spireon has the knowledge and expertise to help you overcome migration challenges and provide you with a smooth and seamless migration.
Existing Spireon Customer
Call us at 1-800-557-1449 or complete the form and we will contact you.
Your Spireon representative will:
- Review the makeup of your fleet
- Make recommendations for an upgrade
- Help you archive existing data
- Partner with you to plan for installations.
New to Spireon? Not ready to talk to someone?
Check out our step-by-step guide and other available resources.
Step By Step Guide
FAQs for New Customers
3G to 4G Checklist
Fleet Audit Checklist
Upgrading to 4G: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
6 Steps to Upgrade your 3G GPS Solutions
- Do a fleet audit. Use our Fleet GPS Solution Audit List to help you with your audit.
– What does your existing fleet include?
– What vehicle / equipment type?
– What GPS solution do you have (product / brand)?
– What network carrier(s) are the devices using?
– Are they on 3G / 4G?
– How many of each do you have?
– What features are you currently using from your GPS solution?
– Are there any features you wish you had that you don’t currently have?
- Review your existing service agreements
– When do your device contracts expire? Prioritize devices that are expiring sooner for installs.
– Are there any penalties for canceling early? Factor these costs into your upgrade budget.
- Determine your budget
Have you allocated money for an upgrade this year? How many can you afford to upgrade? If you have not allocated a budget for upgrading, do a financial analysis on how much money your business could risk losing by not doing an upgrade. There are a variety of financial risks to consider that could ultimately impact the bottom line. A few significant ones to note:
– Noncompliance costs
– An increase in theft of equipment and/or cargo
– Accident rate increase
– Detention rate increase
- Select a vendor
Choosing the right telematics provider is a vital business decision that can impact your company for years to come. Make sure your solutions provider can support a variety of vehicle types and equipment. Choose a solutions provider than can support fleets of all sizes, so that it can grow with you. And most importantly, ensure your vendor can help you with a smooth transition to minimize any business disruption. A strong vendor will be able to help you plan, and partner with you every step of the way to mitigate any challenges.
- Archive existing data
Before you swap out any existing devices, make sure you archive all your existing data. You want to be prepared, should you need to go back to your files for insurance purposes, or any other reason.
- Plan ahead for installation
The larger your fleet / trailer size, the more challenging it can be to migrate your GPS tracking devices. Be sure to plan ahead. Keep your team in the loop of your migration plans. Factor in down time and plan around delivery expectations to minimize detention rates and loss in revenue.
3G to 4G Checklists
|Fleet / GPS Solution Audit
|Determine upgrade budget
|Pick a vendor
|Archive existing data
|Schedule upgrade installations