The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse is providing more than just a great way to help identify and keep disqualified CDL holders off our highways. It’s also providing a treasure trove of data offering insights on important aspects of the trucking industry. In June 2020, FMCSA began publishing Monthly Clearinghouse summary reports containing CDL driver violation data that clearly identify the drug of choice among drivers, industry hiring trends, the effectiveness of testing and more.
What Do You Need to Do to Comply with the New FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse?
View these resources to find out how to comply with the FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse Mandate
What Are the Deadlines?
The Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse Three Months In & More Regulatory Concerns
The FMCSA Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse is now in full effect, and more than 8,000 violations have been flagged as a result.
And yet, confusion remains: Of the 8,000 drivers who have failed a drug test since the database was launched, some could remain behind the wheel. Since there’s no mechanism for notifying fleets when a driver fails a test and most fleets haven’t run their annual queries, it’s unknown how many drivers will continue to drive until caught. What should carriers do?
Get your update on how the Clearinghouse is working and what you need to do now, plus other regulatory issues currently impacting the industry, in an informative webinar that will review:
- Early Clearinghouse problems, technical challenges and industry confusion
- What is usage data telling us, and where do we go from here?
- Current enforcement posture, non-compliance, and new enforcement tools in the safety investigator’s toolbox to be aware of
- Looking forward: Learn about often overlooked or forgotten portions of the rule you’ll need to know to remain compliant
- Other emerging regulatory issues you need to watch
- And more
Don’t miss this update on the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse—watch now!
FMCSA’s Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse – What You Need to Know Now
Make sure you’re ready for the newest FMCSA mandate, effective January 6, 2020: The CDL Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse. In this overview of the new mandate and what it requires of you, you will hear:
- What you need to do by January 6, 2020
- What two steps will be required to check the status of new hires
- What the annual requirements are
- What new policies your company will need to put in place
- What this new process will cost you
- And more
Join expert Dave Osiecki, President of Scopelitis Transportation Consulting LLC and formerly Executive Vice President for ATA, as he spells out what you’ll need to do and answers your tough questions.
Watch key moments from the webinar or the entire webinar recording now
*Authored by Scopelitis Transportation Consulting, LLC
Show Me How FleetLocate
Can Help Me With Compliance
“Noncompliance is not an option”
–Dave Osiecki, Scopelitis Transportation Consulting
Request a Demo
FLEETLOCATE BLOG POSTS
FMCSA extends drug clearinghouse deadline for state agencies – December 12, 2019
FMCSA Issues Final Rule for States to Comply With Clearinghouse Requirements – December 12, 2019