Fleet managers face a variety of challenges, from managing fuel price volatility to maintaining regulatory compliance and driver safety, but the most difficult task by far is identifying ways to cut the right costs. With expenses eating away at budgets, how are savvy companies working to reduce spend in these areas and maximize the bottom line?
Tired of watching your costs increase year after year?
View these resources to find out how to reduce costs in all the key categories.
Find Out Where Successful Fleets Are Finding SavingsWATCH VIDEO
Watch this on-demand webinar to hear a cost reduction expert identify practical tips for saving on some of the most expensive areas of fleet management, including:
- And more
Don’t miss this important insight into where savings can be found in your fleet.
The State of Insurance in the Freight IndustryWATCH VIDEO
Carriers are experiencing significant strain when it comes to rising insurance costs, which have doubled in the past few years. Abnormally high accident rates—including those involving fatalities—and nuclear settlements with multi-million-dollar payouts are largely to blame and are impacting carriers of all sizes, in addition to their customers. Despite a rise in technologies that are designed to enhance safety, the economic impact of these skyrocketing rates is undeniable.
To discuss the impact of rising insurance rates and how companies can best position themselves to handle these costs, FreightWaves partnered with Spireon to host an hour-long webinar, where you can hear insights from Chris Henry, Vice President of Carrier Profitability and Program Manager for the TCA Profitability Program, as well as Andrew Ladebauche, Co-Founder and CEO of Reliance Partners. During this session, Henry and Ladebauche discuss:
- Current market environment (insurance carriers in the market vs. exiting)
- Excess insurance (umbrella) rates
- Nuclear verdicts vs. higher-than-normal incident rates and the economic impact
- The impact of the coronavirus on insurance rates
- What happens when stock market support falls apart
- Captive vs. traditional insurance markets
- Future trends, including activity-based pricing for carriers
- Brokerage liability
Watch this informative webinar now!
Cost of Ownership: Leasing vs. BuyingWATCH VIDEO
Fleet ownership has a number of benefits, but with those benefits come a number of associated costs, including maintenance, repairs and eventually replacement. Likewise, leasing provides a number of advantages for fleets as well, particularly for companies who don’t want to be exposed to the volatility associated with upswings and downswings in company financials. While both options have their pros and cons, how can companies make the decision that is best for them?
To address the pros and cons of buying versus leasing, FreightWaves and Spireon are partnering for an hour-long webinar featuring Dean Croke, Chief Insights Officer for FreightWaves, and Brent Russell, Executive Vice President, Contract Leasing Corp. During the presentation, the speakers will address:
- Hidden costs associated with leasing and purchasing vehicles
- Immediate and long-term benefits of both options
- Results from a recent survey on leasing vs. buying
- Questions to ask to make the best decision for your fleet
Brent Russell, Executive Vice President, Contract Leasing Corp. and Dean Croke, Chief Insights Officer
Time Is Money: Managing Detention More ProfitablyWATCH VIDEO
Detention is one of the largest concerns facing drivers and fleets today, costing both time and money. In fact, DAT research revealed that 63 percent of drivers spend more than three hours waiting for their trucks to be loaded or unloaded on average, often leading to them missing subsequent loads as a result. As the adage goes, if the wheels aren’t turning, drivers aren’t earning.
Whether due to inefficiency or excess supply, detention has very real consequences for drivers and companies alike. To explore how companies can work to reduce the effects of detention on their drivers and the bottom line, Spireon and FreightWaves are partnering to host a one-hour webinar, where we will hear key insights from three leading experts, including:
- SONAR data and charts on what is happening in the market
- How leading companies are managing detention billing
- Real-world examples of how companies can work to minimize the effects of detention.
- And more
See How a Plumbing Service Saved $1,500/Month by Optimizing Driver Efficiency with FleetLocateDOWNLOAD NOW
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE COPY NOW
Learn how a Southern California plumbing business with a mixed fleet of box vans, Econolines and pickup trucks was able to save $1,500 per month by reducing fuel bills, eliminating unnecessary trips, reducing speeding and hard-braking, and improving driver routing
Show Me How FleetLocate
Can Help Lower My Fleet Costs
Maintenance Strategies that Maximize Profitability
Presented by Truckload Carriers Association, Sponsored by FleetLocate by Spireon
Learn new strategies that maximize profitability in your carrier operations, with a specific focus on new maintenance strategies, driver training, and driver monitoring. Jim Noble, Vice President (VP) of Risk Engineering for eDriving, will teach you new strategies you can implement in carriers both large and small.
Specific topics Include
- Implement new strategies that lead to greater profitability within your maintenance operations.
- Create effective training opportunities for your drivers that maximize your maintenance spend.
- Create monitoring metrics to effectively track driver training results.
Work Smart. Make Money.
Arrive Logistics and FMSCA & DOT compliance expert, John Seidl of Reliance Partners, provide actionable tips on how you can maximize carrier efficiencies and increase carrier profit. The goal is to increase revenue while controlling four major expenses: Insurance, payroll, fuel and vehicle maintenance.
Fleet Management: How to Reduce Your Cost Per Mile/Hour
How to marry fleet maintenance best practices and the capabilities of Infor EAM to reduce fleets cost per mile/hour. Proper fleet lifecycle management combined with integrations to your fuel management system, SCADA and financials improves overall visibility, efficiency, lowers cost of operation and positively impacts the bottom line. Whether you have 1 or 100,000 fleet vehicles, this on demand webinar will be beneficial for your organization’s balance sheet.
Reducing Costs as a Shipper of Choice
This webinar offers shippers information on how to reduce freight costs by becoming a preferred shipper. Subject matter expert Brian Reed has spent the last 18 years serving freight providers and shippers around the globe by developing innovative and modern solutions to supply chain challenges. See his data-driven insights here.
How To Position Your Company For A Successful Insurance Relationship
Learn how to:
- Create a culture of safety throughout your entire organization
- Establish driver vetting and training techniques that are thorough and ongoing
- Use proven technology (video cameras, telematics, etc.) not as a luxury, but as a necessity
- Foster transparency in all aspects of the insurer/passenger transportation company relationship, including timely claims reporting, notification of operational and/or driver changes, and accepting your insurer as a true loss control partner and regulatory compliance resource.
Sources for Infographic: