Have FMCSA questions? You’re not alone. A number of recent regulatory changes are impacting the trucking industry. From rule changes around hours of service (HOS) in light of COVID-19 to issues around safety and compliance, there are a number of nuances to navigate in today’s landscape.
To help the industry better understand these issues, FreightWaves and Spireon will be hosting an hour-long webinar on Thursday, July 23 at 2pm ET. We will be joined by trucking regulatory expert and Spireon consultant, Dave Osiecki, President of Scopelitis Transportation Consulting LLC, who will answer your questions on:
- The FMCSA’s latest HOS rule changes, how the changes interact with existing HOS rules, and when this new flexibility can be used by drivers and fleets
- The latest guidance on the often used (and commonly misunderstood) personal conveyance (or PC) operating status
- The FMCSA’s new crash preventability determination program, the new crash types to be considered for determinations, and how program results will affect carrier and driver records
- Potential CSA scoring system changes later this year
- Drug and alcohol testing, including the impact of state marijuana laws and COVID-19 on testing programs
- Other pressing questions about federal safety regulations and compliance
Get Answers to Your FMCSA Questions
Register today to secure your spot for this important session. We also invite you to submit your questions in advance to ensure we are able to cover as many of your pressing concerns as possible.
About Your Speaker
David J. Osiecki
David J. Osiecki spent 20 years at the American Trucking Associations in Washington working on behalf of the trucking industry in safety, policy, regulatory and advocacy-related positions. Mr. Osiecki rose to Executive Vice President for ATA, and represented the industry before State legislatures, federal agencies, the U.S. Congress and in the national media, including appearances on national network news programs. He now serves as president of Scopelitis Transportation Consulting, LLC.