Albert Einstein once said, “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” While I am not striving to become the next Einstein, passionate curiosity is what drives me. I have a passion for building products from the ground up and my constant curiosity keeps me pumped for all the incoming changes in technology. I am Mandy Tom, and I am thrilled to be the newest product manager for hardware and platform integration to join Spireon!
I received both my B.S. in Electrical Engineering and M.B.A. from the University of California, Irvine (Zot! Zot!). I have been a product engineer at Broadcom Corporation, where I managed the product development of broadband semiconductor products. After that, I was a strategist at Toshiba, where I worked with start-up and software companies to transform Toshiba from a products-based company to a full-solution IoT platform company. I hope to use my entrepreneurial spirit and engineering experience to bring the next groundbreaking technology to market.
Providing Customers with Data Intelligence
One of my most important objectives at Spireon is to introduce new devices and IoT endpoints and integrate them with our NSpire platform. Ultimately, I want to keep providing our customers with even more data intelligence and insights into their businesses. Questions that I ask myself are:
- “What new products and features would enable our customers to do better business?”
- “Would this new innovation transform the telematics industry?”
- “How can our customers utilize this product in the most effective and meaningful way?”
Technology is constantly evolving and not only do I need to stay on top of new products, but I also need to work closely with customers to understand their pain points. I then identify ways on how Spireon’s devices can fill in the gaps and make a customer experience seamless.
While I have only been with Spireon for a few months, there are already fun and exciting projects that I am working on:
- Introducing devices that give automotive insurance companies the most data insights surrounding driver behavior and car accidents for usage-based insurance implementation.
- Coming up with features that a device would need in order to immediately alert a transportation or logistics company when a theft occurs.
Innovation has always fascinated me and left me with a passionate curiosity to find newer and better solutions. Spireon is at the forefront of revolutionizing telematics. And simply put, I am extremely excited to be part of the team that leads the industry in automotive and transportation telematics.