Leak #1: Fuel Costs
• Fuel accounts for 30% of fleet operating expenses.
• Excessive idling can waste a quarter to half gallon of fuel per hour.
Leak #2: Lease Payments & Vehicle Ownership • The estimated total cost of owner
Leak #3: Maintenance & Repairs
• $1,000 – $3,000 is spent on maintenance per vehicle annually. • Unplanned breakdowns cost 3 to 9 times more than planned
Leak #4: Insurance
• Commercial auto insurance costs around $750 to $1,200 per vehicle. Rates can increase depending on accidents and driving violations.
- An accident that includes damage to both a person and a vehicle increases insurance by about 33 percent.
- 40% of motor vehicle accidents are work-related.
Leak #5: Labor and Overtime Costs
• The average median pay for plumbers is $52,590 per year, not accounting for overtime.