- Register starting now to set up an account and gain access
- Use of the clearinghouse is mandatory with manual checks as of January 6, 2020
- Clearinghouse use only as of January 6, 2023; manual checks no longer required.
FMCSA Regulatory Resource Center
Is your fleet compliant with the latest regulations?
Get updates from leading experts – free articles, white papers, webinars on demand, and more
What Do You Need to Do to Prepare for the New FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse?
SPIREON REPORTS & INFOGRAPHICS
Find out what you need to know about the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), electronic logging devices (ELD) and more with these complimentary reports, checklists and guides.
FMCSA’s DRUG & ALCOHOL CLEARINGHOUSE – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW NOWWatch Now
Make sure you’re ready for the newest FMCSA mandate, coming January 6, 2020: The CDL Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse.
In this overview of the new mandate and what it requires of you, you will hear:
- What you need to do by January 6, 2020
- What two steps will be required to check the status of new hires
- What the annual requirements are
- What new policies your company will need to put in place
- What this new process will cost you
- And more
Join expert Dave Osiecki, President of Scopelitis Transportation Consulting LLC and formerly Executive Vice President for ATA, as he spells out what you’ll need to do and answers your tough questions.
Don’t get caught by surprise—register now!
State of the Industry and the ELD Mandate: 1 Year Later
What have been some of the results and perhaps unintended consequences of ELD technology over the course of the last year? With the AOBRD grandfather clause ending in 2019, what is being reported by companies who have already implemented ELD technology?
Managing Roadside Inspections Post-ELD
As of April 1, the ELD mandate is being fully enforced. Do your drivers really know how to handle a roadside inspection? Learn how your drivers and fleet managers should handle these new checks – even when the inspectors themselves may not be fully up to speed. In this informative webinar, participants will learn:
Optimizing ELD: Compliant, Yet Asleep at the Wheel
With ELD requirements now being enforced, it’s vital that you understand what you need to do now for effective compliance. Now that you have ELD, you have a lot of useful information at your fingertips. But how do you use it? How can you use your ELD and GPS data to improve driver safety and productivity?
ELD and AOBRD: Unanswered Questions
The ELD Mandate and the AOBRD grandfather clause have raised a number of questions, most recently in our March webinar, “The State of the Industry and the ELD Mandate: The Verdict One Year Later.”
Transportation Consulting Resources From:
Other Industry Resources
- ELD Mandate Enforcement – (FAQs)
- ELD Mandate 10 Things You Need To Know – TruckingInfo.com
- How to Use ELD’s New Data Points to Your Advantage
- ELD Grace Period Ends April 1 ?
- AOBRD Phaseout Under ELD Rule Could Pose Challenges for Fleets and Vendors, Experts Warn – Transport Topics
- A year of ELDs, and the fast-approaching AOBRD deadline – FreightWaves
- 4 Common ELD Mistakes Fleets Make (And One Big Tip to Help) – FleetOwner
- List of Registered ELD Manufacturers – FleetLocate – Spireon and Gorilla Safety
- Read the FMCSA ELD Mandate Final Rule
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – ELD Rule
- Who is exempt from the ELD rule?
- ELD Implementation Timeline
- Second court puts big hit on imposing AB5 against California trucking sector – FreightWaves – FreightWaves:
- FMCSA Drops Plan for Split Sleeper Berth Pilot Program – Transport Topics
- Proposed Drug-testing Regulations May Screen Out Drug Users From Trucking Jobs – The Legal Examiner
- FMCSA Safety Resources for Carrier Companies
- Procedures for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs
- DOT “Recreational Marijuana” Notice
- DOT “Medical Marijuana” Notice
- Substance Abuse Professional Guidelines
- FMCSA Rulemaking Documents
- Hours of Service of Drivers of Commercial Motor Vehicles: Regulatory Guidance Concerning the Use of a Commercial Motor Vehicle for Personal Conveyance
- Hours of Service of Drivers of Commercial Motor Vehicles; Regulatory Guidance Concerning the Transportation of Agricultural Commodities
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- AB5 – California law that puts into place a measure known as the “ABC” test to determine if a worker is an independent contractor.
- AOBRD – Automatic onboard recording device
- CDL – Commercial Driver’s License
- CDLIS – Commercial Driver’s License Information Systems
- CSA – Compliance, Safety, Accountability
- DOT – Department of Transportation
- ELD – Electronic logging devices
- FAST Act – Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act
- FMCSA – Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration
- FMCSR – Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- FTA – Federal Transit Administration
- HOS – Hours of Service
- ISS (ISS-D) – Inspection Selection System
- MVR – Driver’s Motor Vehicle Record
- NDR – National Driver Register
- PDPS – Problem Driver Pointer System
- RODS – Records of duty status