- Use of the clearinghouse is mandatory with manual checks as of January 6, 2020
- Clearinghouse use only as of January 6, 2023; manual checks no longer required.
FMCSA Regulatory Resource Center
Is your fleet compliant with the latest regulations?
Get updates from leading experts – free articles, white papers, webinars on demand, and more
FMCSA’s New Crash Preventability Determination Program – A Win for Carriers and Drivers
The FMCSA’s permanent and expanded version of the Crash Preventability Determination Program was announced on May 6, 2020. Ultimately, this program will improve the accuracy of CSA and help FMCSA and its State enforcement partners better target scarce resources to investigate the least safe motor carriers.DOWNLOAD WHITE PAPER
What Do You Need to Do to Prepare for the New FMCSA Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse?
FMCSA ELD Compliance Audits: What Do You Need to Know?
Want to better understand how FMCSA and, in some cases state agency auditors/investigators, review and audit electronic logging device (ELD) records for driver hours of service (HOS)?
Get our latest report from Dave Osiecki of Scopelitis Transportation Consulting, which covers:
- What is a Compliance Audit?
- The elements of an ELD Records Compliance Audit
- Auditing for falsified ELD records
- What kind of ELD records and “back office” reports investigators will request
- And more
Make sure you and your team are ready for an ELD audit before it happens—get your free report now.
ASK THE REGULATORY EXPERTWATCH VIDEO
A number of recent regulatory changes are impacting the trucking industry. From rule changes around hours of service (HOS) in light of COVID-19 to issues around safety and compliance, there are a number of nuances to navigate in today’s landscape.
To help the industry better understand these issues, FreightWaves and Spireon hosted an hour-long webinar featuring trucking regulatory expert Dave Osiecki, President of Scopelitis Transportation Consulting LLC.
You’ll hear analysis and answers to many key questions on:
- The FMCSA’s latest HOS rule changes, how the changes interact with existing HOS rules, and when this new flexibility can be used by drivers and fleets
- The latest guidance on the often used (and commonly misunderstood) personal conveyance (or PC) operating status
- The FMCSA’s new crash preventability determination program, the new crash types to be considered for determinations, and how program results will affect carrier and driver records
- Potential CSA scoring system changes later this year
- Drug and alcohol testing, including the impact of state marijuana laws and COVID-19 on testing programs
- Other pressing questions about federal safety regulations and compliance
Watch now to get answers to your regulatory questions.
FMCSA’s DRUG & ALCOHOL CLEARINGHOUSE – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW NOWWATCH VIDEO
Make sure you’re ready for the newest FMCSA mandate, coming January 6, 2020: The CDL Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse.
In this overview of the new mandate and what it requires of you, you will hear:
- What you need to do by January 6, 2020
- What two steps will be required to check the status of new hires
- What the annual requirements are
- What new policies your company will need to put in place
- What this new process will cost you
- And more
Join expert Dave Osiecki, President of Scopelitis Transportation Consulting LLC and formerly Executive Vice President for ATA, as he spells out what you’ll need to do and answers your tough questions.
Don’t get caught by surprise—Watch now!
State of the Industry and the ELD Mandate: 1 Year LaterWATCH VIDEO
What have been some of the results and perhaps unintended consequences of ELD technology over the course of the last year? With the AOBRD grandfather clause ending in 2019, what is being reported by companies who have already implemented ELD technology?
Managing Roadside Inspections Post-ELDWATCH FULL VIDEO
As of April 1, the ELD mandate is being fully enforced. Do your drivers really know how to handle a roadside inspection? Learn how your drivers and fleet managers should handle these new checks – even when the inspectors themselves may not be fully up to speed. In this informative webinar, participants will learn:
Optimizing ELD: Compliant, Yet Asleep at the WheelWATCH FULL VIDEO
With ELD requirements now being enforced, it’s vital that you understand what you need to do now for effective compliance. Now that you have ELD, you have a lot of useful information at your fingertips. But how do you use it? How can you use your ELD and GPS data to improve driver safety and productivity?
ELD and AOBRD: Unanswered QuestionsWATCH FULL VIDEO
The ELD Mandate and the AOBRD grandfather clause have raised a number of questions, most recently in our March webinar, “The State of the Industry and the ELD Mandate: The Verdict One Year Later.”
SPIREON REPORTS & INFOGRAPHICS
Find out what you need to know about the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), electronic logging devices (ELD) and more with these complimentary reports, checklists and guides.
Transportation Consulting Resources From:
Other Industry Resources
- ELD Mandate Enforcement – (FAQs)
- ELD Mandate 10 Things You Need To Know – TruckingInfo.com
- How to Use ELD’s New Data Points to Your Advantage
- ELD Grace Period Ends April 1 ?
- AOBRD Phaseout Under ELD Rule Could Pose Challenges for Fleets and Vendors, Experts Warn – Transport Topics
- A year of ELDs, and the fast-approaching AOBRD deadline – FreightWaves
- 4 Common ELD Mistakes Fleets Make (And One Big Tip to Help) – FleetOwner
- List of Registered ELD Manufacturers – FleetLocate – Spireon and Gorilla Safety
- Read the FMCSA ELD Mandate Final Rule
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – ELD Rule
- Who is exempt from the ELD rule?
- ELD Implementation Timeline
- Trucking Law: How to properly log a yard move
- Second court puts big hit on imposing AB5 against California trucking sector – FreightWaves – FreightWaves:
- FMCSA Drops Plan for Split Sleeper Berth Pilot Program – Transport Topics
- Proposed Drug-testing Regulations May Screen Out Drug Users From Trucking Jobs – The Legal Examiner
- FMCSA Safety Resources for Carrier Companies
- Procedures for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs
- DOT “Recreational Marijuana” Notice
- DOT “Medical Marijuana” Notice
- Substance Abuse Professional Guidelines
- FMCSA Rulemaking Documents
- Hours of Service of Drivers of Commercial Motor Vehicles: Regulatory Guidance Concerning the Use of a Commercial Motor Vehicle for Personal Conveyance
- Hours of Service of Drivers of Commercial Motor Vehicles; Regulatory Guidance Concerning the Transportation of Agricultural Commodities
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- AB5 – California law that puts into place a measure known as the “ABC” test to determine if a worker is an independent contractor.
- AOBRD – Automatic onboard recording device
- CDL – Commercial Driver’s License
- CDLIS – Commercial Driver’s License Information Systems
- CSA – Compliance, Safety, Accountability
- DOT – Department of Transportation
- ELD – Electronic logging devices
- FAST Act – Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act
- FMCSA – Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration
- FMCSR – Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- FTA – Federal Transit Administration
- HOS – Hours of Service
- ISS (ISS-D) – Inspection Selection System
- MVR – Driver’s Motor Vehicle Record
- NDR – National Driver Register
- PDPS – Problem Driver Pointer System
- RODS – Records of duty status