- When will proposed hours of service rule changes be announced?
- What changes will be made to CDL requirements?
- How will SDLA Drug and Alcohol violations be modified?
- What will the final ruling be on human trafficking violations?
FMCSA Regulatory Resource Center
Presented by FleetLocate by Spireon and Scopelitis Transportation Consulting, LLC
Is your fleet compliant with the latest regulations?
Get updates from leading experts – free articles, white papers, webinars on demand, and moreWebinarsReportsOther Resources
SPIREON REPORTS & INFOGRAPHICS
Find out what you need to know about the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), electronic logging devices (ELD) and more with these complimentary reports, checklists and guides.
ELD and AOBRD: Unanswered Questions
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 – 2:00 pm Eastern / 11:00 am PacificRegister Now
The ELD Mandate and the AOBRD grandfather clause have raised a number of questions, most recently in our March webinar, “The State of the Industry and the ELD Mandate: The Verdict One Year Later.”
To help answer some of these questions, we’re reconvening our experts and asking you to submit your burning questions. We’ll answer as many as time allows, including:
- Will there be another extension on ELD compliance?
- How is the ELD mandate affecting the market rates for available loads?
- Will there be any changes in Personal Conveyance limits?
- Do we have any data showing pre- and post-ELD driver pay?
- Any many more
Don’t miss this opportunity to get answers to your questions—register now!
Managing Roadside Inspections Post-ELDWatch Now
As of April 1, the ELD mandate is being fully enforced. Do your drivers really know how to handle a roadside inspection? Learn how your drivers and fleet managers should handle these new checks – even when the inspectors themselves may not be fully up to speed. In this informative webinar, participants will learn:
- New! Hours of service and ELD-related information, data and lessons learned from the early June 2018 Roadcheck blitz
- Specific actions carriers and drivers should take to prepare for ELD-focused roadside inspections
- Ideas on ‘driver letters’ that carriers should consider providing to drivers to help provide accurate electronic logging system information to inspectors
- Ideas and best practices for interacting with roadside inspectors to start an inspection off on the right foot
FMCSA’s latest ELD guidance and Frequently Asked Questions
Optimizing ELD: Compliant, Yet Asleep at the WheelWatch Now
With ELD requirements now being enforced, it’s vital that you understand what you need to do now for effective compliance.
Now that you have ELD, you have a lot of useful information at your fingertips. But how do you use it? Typically, about 12% of any fleet of drivers on any given day or night will fall well outside the company’s operational safety parameters. How can you use your ELD and GPS data to improve driver safety and productivity?
Join us for this informative webinar with leading expert Dean Croke, who will discuss:
• What kind of information you can get from your ELD
• How to use that information to improve driver safety and increase driver productivity
• How to develop driver education/corrective action programs that work
• Why compliance and safety don’t go hand in hand
• And more
ELD: What You Need to Know NowWatch Now
With ELD requirements now being enforced, it’s vital that you understand what you need to do now for effective compliance. In this complimentary webinar, leading expert John Seidl outline key points including:
- How do you select the right device for your needs?
- How do you successfully implement an ELD program?
- What are the biggest challenges in implementing an ELD program?
- What 5 policies have proven to be effective in ELD implementation?
Transportation Consulting Resources From:
Other Industry Resources
- ELD Mandate Enforcement – (FAQs)
- ELD Mandate 10 Things You Need To Know – TruckingInfo.com
- How to Use ELD’s New Data Points to Your Advantage
- ELD Grace Period Ends April 1 ?
- AOBRD Phaseout Under ELD Rule Could Pose Challenges for Fleets and Vendors, Experts Warn – Transport Topics
- A year of ELDs, and the fast-approaching AOBRD deadline – FreightWaves
- 4 Common ELD Mistakes Fleets Make (And One Big Tip to Help) – FleetOwner
- List of Registered ELD Manufacturers – FleetLocate – Spireon and Gorilla Safety
- Read the FMCSA ELD Mandate Final Rule
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – ELD Rule
- Who is exempt from the ELD rule?
- ELD Implementation Timeline
- FMCSA Drops Plan for Split Sleeper Berth Pilot Program – Transport Topics
- Proposed Drug-testing Regulations May Screen Out Drug Users From Trucking Jobs – The Legal Examiner
- FMCSA Safety Resources for Carrier Companies
- Procedures for Transportation Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs
- DOT “Recreational Marijuana” Notice
- DOT “Medical Marijuana” Notice
- Substance Abuse Professional Guidelines
- FMCSA Rulemaking Documents
- Hours of Service of Drivers of Commercial Motor Vehicles: Regulatory Guidance Concerning the Use of a Commercial Motor Vehicle for Personal Conveyance
- Hours of Service of Drivers of Commercial Motor Vehicles; Regulatory Guidance Concerning the Transportation of Agricultural Commodities
GLOSSARY OF TERMS
- FMCSA – Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration
- FMCSR – Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- DOT – Department of Transportation
- ELD – Electronic logging devices
- AOBRD – Automatic onboard recording device
- HOS – Hours of Service
- CSA – Compliance, Safety, Accountability
- RODS – Records of duty status
- MVR – Driver’s Motor Vehicle Record
- FTA – Federal Transit Administration
- CDL – Commercial Driver’s License
- CDLIS – Commercial Driver’s License Information Systems
- NDR – National Driver Register
- PDPS – Problem Driver Pointer System
- FAST Act – Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act
- ISS (ISS-D) – Inspection Selection System